Permanent Full Time
About Campbell Tyson
Campbell Tyson celebrated 99 years in business this year and is the oldest accounting practice in the Franklin District. This longevity has been achieved through our Forward Thinking approach and doing things the ‘Campbell Tyson way’. We love business—not just growing businesses, but also successful business people.
We have offices in three locations, Papakura, Pukekohe and Te Kauwhata. Over the years our firm’s worked with thousands of provincial businesses, families, and individuals, to help them solve immediate problems and achieve long-term goals.
In today’s ever-changing landscape, we believe in being adaptable and equipping our team with the knowledge and tools to ensure our clients always receive the best service and outcomes.
- You will share our values and be driven to make a positive impact.
- Team-player who enjoys building valuable relationships.
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workflow, as well as the workflow of other team members.
- A willingness and desire to learn new skills.
- 4+ years CA experience (BAS).
- CA qualified, or in final stages.
- Experienced in team leadership and confident reviewing work of junior staff.
- Comfortable leading client meetings.
- Able to draft up tax planning opportunities.
- Experience with the preparation of cashflow forecasts and budgets.
- A high level of Xero knowledge—ability to use Xero for financial statement preparation and GST returns. You should also be able to coach clients on how to use it.
- Reasonable level of tax knowledge and use of tax preparation software—Ability to use Xero Practice Management would be preferable, but a good knowledge of any NZ software system would be sufficient.
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of other small business accounting packages (MYOB etc) would be an advantage, but not essential.
At Campbell Tyson we believe you get what you give. The contribution we make to each other—and to the businesses and families of our community—ensures we are a proud, successful business.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Two days additional annual leave—Christmas Eve and Easter Tuesday.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Great opportunity to join a focused and enthusiastic team.
- Be actively involved in supporting our local community.
To be considered for this role you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
To apply please forward your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday 21 January 2022 and we will be in touch with candidates after this date.