Our History

100 years old in 2022

We are the oldest and largest Chartered Accountancy firm in the Franklin District. We’ve worked with thousands of businesses, families and individuals, helping solve immediate problems and to achieve their long term goals. Our firm has evolved through several amalgamations and mergers over the years, as shown in the following timeline:

2020

2010

2014
K M Shaw becomes a partner at Campbell Tyson.

N S Gollan retires from Campbell Tyson.
2012
Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd rebrands and changes name to Campbell Tyson Ltd.
2010
P A Raynes and J B Rowsell retire from Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd.
2013
After over 30 years at premises on the corner of Stadium Drive and Hall Street, Pukekohe, Campbell Tyson Ltd relocates to new leased premises at Wesley Street, Pukekohe.

M L Robertson becomes a partner of Campbell Tyson.
2011
S K Miskell becomes a partner of Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd.

2000

2001
Hart Saunders & Co amalgamates with Campbell Tyson.
2003
J B Rowsell is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
2006
P G Muir retires as a Partner of Campbell Tyson.Campbell Tyson merges with Cooper White & Associates Ltd.A new company, Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd, is formed to house the merged practices with the following Partners:

N S Gollan
N P Hicks
G A Beal
J B Rowsell

P A RaynesR A Kriletich, P J Hanna and G R Herder retire as Partners of Cooper White & Associates Ltd and join Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd as Consultants.
2000
R J Kidd retires from Campbell Tyson.
2002
G R Herder is admitted as a Partner to Cooper White & Associates.
2004
T J Harris retires as a Partner of Campbell Tyson.
2008
L A Sharp becomes a partner of Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd.
2008
L A Sharp becomes a partner of Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd.
2004
T J Harris retires as a Partner of Campbell Tyson.
2003
J B Rowsell is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
2002
G R Herder is admitted as a Partner to Cooper White & Associates.
2000
R J Kidd retires from Campbell Tyson.
2006
P G Muir retires as a Partner of Campbell Tyson.Campbell Tyson merges with Cooper White & Associates Ltd.A new company, Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd, is formed to house the merged practices with the following Partners:

N S Gollan
N P Hicks
G A Beal
J B Rowsell

P A RaynesR A Kriletich, P J Hanna and G R Herder retire as Partners of Cooper White & Associates Ltd and join Campbell Tyson Cooper White Ltd as Consultants.
2001
Hart Saunders & Co amalgamates with Campbell Tyson.

1990

1997
Cooper White & Associates relocate to new premises in the Ground Floor of Professional House on Seddon Street, Pukekohe.

1990
N P Hicks is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
1999
G A Beal is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
1999
G A Beal is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
1990
N P Hicks is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
1997
Cooper White & Associates relocate to new premises in the Ground Floor of Professional House on Seddon Street, Pukekohe.

1980

1982
N S Gollan is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
1988
D S Campbell retires from Campbell Tyson.
1981
Campbell Tyson unites the entire firm under one roof in a purpose-built building on the corner of Stadium Drive and Hall Street, Pukekohe.

1985
G W Wengdal retires from Campbell Tyson.
1988
D S Campbell retires from Campbell Tyson.
1982
N S Gollan is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell Tyson.
1985
G W Wengdal retires from Campbell Tyson.
1981
Campbell Tyson unites the entire firm under one roof in a purpose-built building on the corner of Stadium Drive and Hall Street, Pukekohe.

1970

1979
Campbell, White and Co amalgamates with Tyson, Milne and Walker so the two firms can achieve economies of scale and take advantage of the differing expertise of the individual Partners. The firms continue to operate out of the three buildings.

The amalgamated firm is renamed Campbell Tyson.

J R Tyson and A F Walker retire as partners and become employees of Campbell Tyson.J J White retires and P A Raynes is admitted to the Partnership of Cooper White & Associates.
1972
L W White retires from Campbell White and Co.

Cooper White & Associates relocates to the old Franklin County Council Chambers.
1977
M J Milne retires from Tyson, Milne and Walker.
1976
P G Muir is admitted to the Partnership of Tyson, Milne and Walker.
1973
Due to lack of office space, Campbell White and Co opens a second office in the "Central Building" on the corner of King and Hall Streets. This separate office was to be known as the "Number Two office" and remained in use until 1981.
1970
R J Kidd is admitted to the Partnership of Tyson, Milne and Walker.

P J Hanna is admitted to the Partnership of Cooper White & Associates.

1960

1968
T J Harris is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell White and Co.

A disastrous fire takes place at Cooper White & Associates. It would take the firm nearly four years to recover.
1961
M J Cooper passes away.
1965
M S Campbell retires from Campbell White and Co. M S Campbell had been the agent for the Auckland Automobile Association and the NIMU (motor vehicle) Insurance Company.
1963
R A Kriletich is admitted to the Partnership of Cooper White & Associates.

1950

1958
G W Wengdal is admitted to the Partnership of Campbell White and Co.

1955
Due to the increased size of the practice, Campbell White and Co purchases a section in Hall Street (next to the then Franklin Bakeries Ltd) from Dr A T Begg and Duncan Bros (Pukekohe) Ltd erects an office building. Two additions are made to this building over time as the firm continues to grow.
1953
M S Campbell and L W White leave Wilkinson, Campbell, Christmas and White, by arrangement with the other Partners, to set up practice in Pukekohe as Campbell White and Co.

D S Campbell becomes a Partner of Campbell White and Co.

1959
A F Walker becomes a Partner of Tyson & Milne and the firm name becomes Tyson, Milne and Walker.

Myers & Hooper discontinue practising and Tyson, Milne and Walker absorb their clients.

Tyson, Milne and Walker later move to new offices in Legg's building in Upper King Street. In later years the Partnership moved from these premises to the ASB Building at the top of King Street, Pukekohe where a disastrous fire occurred.
1954
M J Milne joins J R Tyson in Partnership under the firm name Tyson & Milne.

Tyson & Milne take up office premises in the New Zealand Dairy Company Ltd building in Roulston Street, Pukekohe.
1951
J J White joins M J Cooper and Cooper White & Associates is formed.

1940

1948
JR Tyson commences practice in offices on lower King Street, Pukekohe.
1948
JR Tyson commences practice in offices on lower King Street, Pukekohe.

1930

1938
LW White moves from the Auckland Office to the Pukekohe Office and becomes a Partner. 

The firm is renamed Wilkinson, Campbell and White.

The firm moves from lower King Street to the Knowles Building (next door but one to the Post Office, which has since been demolished and is now a park). A room is subsequently rented in lower King Street due to the increased staff numbers and the male Clerks work from there.
1939
TG Steen is admitted to the Partnership of Wilkinson, 
Campbell and White.

Wilkinson, Campbell and White amalgamate with the practice of AW Christmas (Auckland) and the firm is renamed Wilkinson, Campbell, Christmas and White.

 MJ Cooper sets up as a sole practitioner in premises at 4 King Street, Pukekohe. The premises move to "Professional Chambers" at 209 King Street a few years later.

1920

1924
T Felton joins E D WIlkinson in Partnership.
1926
T Felton retires and MS Campbell is admitted to the Partnership.

The firm is renamed Wilkinson and Campbell.
1922
E D Wilkinson commences practice in Pukekohe in the "Legal Chambers" building in lower King Street.
1925
An office is opened in the Safe Deposit Building in High Street, Auckland. ED Wilkinson becomes the Auckland Office Partner and MS Campbell remains in the Pukekohe Office.

The Auckland Office subsequently moves to the Palmerston Building (corner of Queen and Customs Streets) and later to the Dilworth Building. 
1926
T Felton retires and MS Campbell is admitted to the Partnership.

The firm is renamed Wilkinson and Campbell.
1924
T Felton joins E D WIlkinson in Partnership.
1925
An office is opened in the Safe Deposit Building in High Street, Auckland. ED Wilkinson becomes the Auckland Office Partner and MS Campbell remains in the Pukekohe Office.

The Auckland Office subsequently moves to the Palmerston Building (corner of Queen and Customs Streets) and later to the Dilworth Building. 
1922
E D Wilkinson commences practice in Pukekohe in the "Legal Chambers" building in lower King Street.